New Haven Mold Damage Cleanup
If you have mold or suspect that you do, you want to clean it up before it grows. And given the right conditions of moisture and humidity, mold will grow fast!
Here are some things to consider before SERVPRO arrives:
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans
- Contact SERVPRO of New Haven for mold remediation services
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of New Haven has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Here is some more general information about mold and mold cleanup: follow this link.
Call us at (203) 234-1100 for help today.
Mold Tips... Don't be Afraid to Ask
The wet winter and fluctuating temperatures create a favorable environment for mold issues this spring. Changes in weather create stress on structures. Structures that are stressed are prone to moisture and water issues. Mold is a secondary damage to water damage or excessive moisture. Preventing mold is a matter of keeping a structure dry by quickly repairing or cutting off a source of moisture and when you have a leak or larger issue, having it properly repaired.
Here are some Mold basics from Team Randolph:
- Mold exposure can cause health effects.
- The best way to control indoor mold growth is to eliminate sources of moisture.
- If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture. Do this by fixing the source of leaks; reduce humidity in the atmosphere with proper ventilation and dehumidification if necessary; properly dry all building materials and furnishings if you have a floor or major leak.
- Insulate around windows and piping to minimize condensation on cold surfaces.
- Mold can only grow on organic materials (wood, paper, carpets and foods).
- The EPA recommends that homeowners limit their mold cleaning to small effected areas, 3ft x 3ft. The reason is mold spores are very difficult to kill and it is very easy to cross contaminate an area with the invisible spores.
SERVPRO Team Randolph is certified to clean and remove mold and we are happy to answer any questions you have. Give us a call if you want to discuss a mold issue or are in need of help.