Mold Damage is Best Handled by Trained Technicians in New Haven
Call SERVPRO for Mold Damage Remediation in New Haven for Results!
Mold removal is a term you will often hear and see from various restoration and cleaning companies. However, all New Haven homeowners and businesses need to know that removal of mold is a fallacy. Microscopic mold spores, including countless varieties, are everywhere – in the air we breathe, our clothing, and outdoors. Rather than falling victim to companies or DIY products claiming to eliminate all mold, SERVPRO shows you how careful cleaning and proven methods help you sanitize and keep your interior safe for you and anyone in your home or business.
Mold damage in New Haven could lurk within your building without knowing it. If you experienced recent water damage or issues with humidity, there could be a chance that hidden colonization is developing. SERVPRO is there if you suspect black mold growth, whether you see suspicious spots or notice musty odors.
Some of the many reasons it is important to address mold as soon as possible include:
- Structural damage – Even a minor mold issue can lead to structural problems as mold feeds on different organic materials. It will eat away at everything from fabrics and paper to glue and wood. Leaving mold for too long means damage to your flooring, ceilings, and walls.
- Furniture degradation – Along with structural material damage, mold wreaks havoc on furnishings and personal belongings. Depending on the materials and makeup of each item, it can be challenging to repair or restore the longer that you wait.
- Home devaluation – Mold is a big red flag whether you are looking to rent your property or sell in the near future. Rather than subjecting yourself to an enormous bill when having to call in professionals after failed DIY mold removal efforts, SERVPRO is there for skilled mold remediation and cleanup.
There are Ways that You Can Keep Your Property from Having Mold Issues
While there is always the potential for mold development, any New Haven business or homeowner can remain proactive to keep these pesky spores from colonizing. At SERVPRO, we are there to handle your mold cleanup needs but also want you to keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Remove any water spills and moisture issues as soon as they happen
- Keep all flooring dry to help minimize possible mold growth
- Try to keep relative humidity (RH) levels within your living spaces under 60%
- Periodically check your interior for mold, including areas under cabinets with plumbing, around bathtubs and showers, etc
- Work on decluttering your interior by storing or removing unnecessary belongings
Do You Need Help with Commercial Mold Remediation?
When you have a commercial property in New Haven, you have a unique set of challenges when faced with mold infiltration. Black mold is a possible liability, and you have to think of your customers, staff, and visitors to your business. SERVPRO’s scalability allows us to handle even the most significant mold cleanup projects. This means we can get the job done whether you have a small office with ten employees or you detect mold growth at your production facility with 200+ employees. We arrive ready to work with industrial-grade cleaning equipment and products to ensure all surfaces get left Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
SERVPRO of New Haven is ready when you need us for mold damage and detailed cleaning. Call us at (203) 234-1100.